Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weather being tied to my emotions.

As I walked down the road to a quick trip gas station to get food at 2 in the morning, I noticed lightning filled the skies, and the lightning was beautiful.  The way that the dark, and very clouded sky filled with flashes of light that illuminated the clouds fascinated me.  While I was watching this storm(which sadly there was no rain), it filled my head with multiple ideas as to what I could write for today's post.  And the idea hit me, why not write a post about how the weather and my emotions connect?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Going back to that night, when I was coming back home with a hot dog and a pepsi in my hand, listening to some music, I saw a flash in the sky.  I looked up to see lightning had started, but no thunder came with it.  The lightning represented how excited, yet angry I was at the time.  I was excited for a brand new day, yet I was angry that I couldn't follow through with a promise to myself.  With each bolt,  each becoming more defined when the clouds parted, the more intense it reflected my emotion.  When the clouds covered the bolts, I would turn excited, but when they became a defined shape and branched out, my anger rose.  Angry at myself for not completing the promise I made, to make her smile, to ask her if she wanted to see Saturday's game with me.  The height of my anger, ironically, marked when the lightning was at its peak, a huge bolt with many long branches of electricity reaching out across the sky.

And suddenly...i started to calm myself down.

After the height of my anger, the lightning calmed down, a small breeze started rolling, reflecting the calm state I was about to reach.  As the wind penetrated my skin, it penetrated my soul as well.  It gave a refreshing sense  and feeling throughout my body.  It was such a sensation that I felt like I could float with the wind, and let my spirit guide me through the air and take a ride i wouldn't soon forget.

When the sun came up around 7 am this morning, it was covered by clouds, as though the weather had sensed that behind a cloud of sadness and gloomy composure, was a burst of happiness, desperately trying to get out.  Eventually, the sun finally broke through, and the happiness was finally revealed.

The weather seems to somewhat ironically link to my emotions, when i become sad, the clouds(and rain if I am incredibly upset) come in and reflect that.  When I am happy, the sun illuminates the sky like no other light possibly could possibly do so.   When lightning flashes, and thunder cracks, it raises my anger and rage begin to rise, and when the wind comes and breezes, I go into a calm state.

Mother nature, you are really starting to predict my every emotion just my showing me the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment