Mcdonalds Wifi connection, Day 5.
As I complete my Microsoft Excel work(which I might add is a very complicated and ungodly boring process), the song "Fly like an Eagle" by Seal came on Spotify, instantly prompting me to write something. While this post is done completley on the fly, like most of the other ones, this one might not have any depth to it until I cant find a point. Well, lets get to work shal we?
When the song "fly like an eagle" first crossed my head when I was 4 years old, I thought it was cool to watch Michael Jordan drive to the basket in slow motion while the Looney Toons tried to learn how to play basketball. As I got older, I started not only paying attention as to the musical structure(which that opening riff is just so killer), how Seal structured his vocals, but the lyrics of the song. The first main verse, he pans out a bunch of things he wishes to do. The list went something like this
Feed the babies, who cant get enough to eat
Shoe the children, with the shoes on his feet
House the people, living in the streets.
Wouldnt it be great? If just some random person could just feed the hungry, give clothing, and give them a place to live? The world would already be a better place, but quite sadly, there isnt enough people doing this. Granted there are some, but not enough people that do the same things that the list states.
The chorus is so well known in pop culture, and it represents how we as humans, again, feel hopeless, and hope to feel better, and whisk off into a better place. Essentially, the lyrical meaning is this:
I wanna fly like an eagle, to the sea-I want to get away
Fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me-I want to get away any way I can
Fly right into the future-I want to get to the better parts of my life.
Now, the last sentence from a very slow "fly like an eagle" montage says this sentance:
In this world full of people, only some want to soar, it maybe crazy.
What I get out of this, is that we have a world of about 2 or 3 billion people. You see all of these people that cant soar. They cant fly like eagles, because they might be afraid, dont believe that they can, or someone tells them that its impossible to take to the sky. They say, that humans are flawed, and have no chance of doing it, they say that if they take off, they will only either get too close to the sun and be burned, or they will get struck down by lightning.
But we can help them fly.
We who have the confidence to fly through the skies, can show these people that its not impossible, that they can soar to new heights, and that the only thing that keeps them on earth is their will to not take off. But if we can show them how, just by a simple act of kindness, whether it be shoeing a kid with no shoes, giving someone food who hasnt eaten in days, it may give them the power to fly like an eagle.
And give them the power to Fly right into the future
No comments:
Post a Comment