You know, after doing thinking(and thinking for me typically involves using an xbox to help), I reflect on my last post and realize that even though two sides of me exist, I realize that my emotions play a very huge part into what side a particular individual sees. There is the good side of me, that I enjoy having around the most, the side that everyone normally sees. That side is the most enjoyable, it likes to go out, it likes to play sports after work, it decides on better things then trouble.
The other side, on the other hand, is a side that Im sure nobody wants to ever deal with. The depressing side, that so few know, and those few know that its almost impossible to shake it off. But given the right circumstance, such as this beautiful storm that is happening right now, the thunder and lightning kind of have an effect, it makes me feel better. The lightning blinds my dark entity, and the thunder scares it away, forcing it to rethink when it will consume me.
Now with my actual emotions, happiness, hope, laughter all keep me on the good side of myself. If even one of these is cancelled out for some reason, the other two act like a back up, they keep that side of me going. It would take a force powerful enough to get all three to go out at once, but so little to take each one out one by one. Its like a bundle of sticks. If you attempt to break 10 of them 1 by 1, you will do it easily. However, should you attempt to break all 10 at once, its impossible to do with you're bare hands.
Thats how I have to approach my two sides, and how we should all approach it. Its like a football offense against a 3-4 defense. Running the football merits a better success rate then passing in the middle of the linebackers. Or like a person who shoots at a rifle range. Instead of shooting hoping to hit the target, we must make each bullet count, and attempt to hit the target we aim for. Or like a game of baseball, instead of thinking "Im going to strike out", we should think "I will hit the left center field gap"
This is the concept of self fulfilling prophecy. When we think positive, good things come out of it. When we think negative, it results in negative things. Last week was a perfect example. I kept telling myself "something bad is going to happen, something bad is going to happen", low and behold, last night happened. I became ungodly depressed, I wanted to watch those who upset me suffer, and I just wanted to be alone. Only my roommate could've tricked me out of it, unless i slept it off.
In which I did.
Today, I got so much accomplished, I finished my final day of school, now I have a 6 month battle to get my degree. I got into writing more of the short story I am working on, for the 18th time. Im helping my buddy get through his problems. And it was all with a simple:
"I wont let the other side win"
No comments:
Post a Comment