Monday, May 21, 2012

Pursuing what cannot be reached

Do you ever wonder, why there are things that are near impossible to achieve, and why people say that its near impossible?  Not that it shouldn't be done, they say it CAN'T be done.  Some people always say "You can't win", "you aren't good enough, not fast enough, not strong enough".  Some people even go as far as to saying a particular individual shouldn't even pursue their dreams, for fear of being shut down.

Why believe them?

Why believe all of what they say, when you can turn that disbelief into a weapon.  Instead of hearing the "you're not good enough, you cant make it" put downs, show them that you ARE good enough, show them that you ARE strong enough, you CAN do what you set you're mind to, you CAN change the world in you're own way.  Instead of hearing every single person come down on you for not being good enough to do something, you can show them that instead of doing what they say you're weaknesses are, you show them what you're strengths are.

I remember when I was in middle/high school, I used to believe everything everyone told me.  I was told I would never make a good football player, because I was afraid to get hit.  I was told that because of my ADHD at the time, I would never be able to graduate on time because my strength was sports, and thats all I could focus on.  I got told, I would never be able to fit in with people other then the ones who always got in trouble.  I was told that I would never graduate high school.

But you know what I did?

I proved them all wrong.

What I lacked as a football player, I made up for as a baseball player.  I may have had ADHD, but I still gave as much effort as I could in the academic department.  I graduated high school, becoming the first male in my family to accomplish the feat.

By blocking out the negatives that people tell us, we focus on the positives that we have.  Instead of letting the insults and put downs get into our head and torment us, we use them as a motivation, and turn the tide on our opponent, and in turn, we become stronger. If we could get people to look at the positives or use the negatives to create positive outcomes, the world would be a much better place.

Of course, reality will never allow that to happen.

I remember in eminem's song "Til' I collapse", the opening line says "when you feel weak, you feel like you want to just give up."  The next line goes on to say "but you got to search within you, gotta find that inner strength, and just pull that shit out of you.  And get that, motivation, to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you just want to fall flat on you're face."  The line in itself means that when we give into all the negatives that people throw at us, we feel weak and we don't want to carry on, because it would be to hard to get up and try again.  However, the second line means that we have to find the positives in us, and use it to show that we can do whatever we can, regardless of what everyone says.

Of course, will we be able to prove everyone wrong in every single aspect? Of course not, but finding what our strengths are, and not focusing on what our weaknesses are, we've already won the fight haven't we?

Always try to pursue what can't be reached.

1 comment:

  1. The strongest among us may not wear a crown. But they will rise to the challenge regardless, because such is their will and determination. The best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete