Monday, May 28, 2012

Code of Honor

I've been told by many that I don't think like I should for someone of my gender and age.  I know what you are thinking, I don't grow up, I don't do this, I don't drink every night, i don't go hit as much tail as my male counterparts do.  They say that I should follow their example and do those things.

I, on the other hand, whole heartily disagree with them.

One night at work, making my cut, me and a buddy get onto a conversation about girls, like most guys our age do.  He says "Rich, why don't you fuck bitches? Or do this? Or do drink and party hard like the rest of us?"  I pondered this for a while, and my answer was this.

Chivalry.

Chivalry: a code of self honor, a set of rules that one should follow to prevent disdain, or dishonor.  In mid-evil times, knights would follow a very strict code of chivalry.  While those codes were meant to be loyal to the Church and to the kings that they served, my code is slightly different.  My code essentially follows one rule, and that rule is what ultimately determines how I live.

Dont jepordize yourself.

Essentially, I will not drink while underage, I will tell the truth always, I will wait to gain trust from those I show interest in.

Does this mean I always follow the Code 24/7?

Absolutly not.

But you can count on it that I will follow it 90% of the time.

My fellow guys make sex and beer a number one priority, I on the other hand would like to gain a woman's trust before she decides on that.  I think beer just tastes horrible, but having one on occasion isn't bad.

This is my Code of Honor.  And once I have you're complete trust: that code will suspend

1 comment:

  1. Everyone should have their own code of honor. This is a good thing... especially if it motivates an effective person. I'm glad you are not pressured by your less cautious peers. You have even more potential within this way! ¦]

    ReplyDelete