I took the time to actually watch the Republican National Convention, since I have taken quite an interest in the country and Her political interests. Aside from Clint Eastwood making a surprise speech that was quite comical, I thought Mitt Romney handled himself very well. He was to the point, he made some bold statements, and he had a voice and look of confidence that made him look and sound like a President of the United States.
As a libertarian, I am quite sad that once again, the two party system dominates how American politics work. In my lifetime, I will probably never see a libertarian be elected to the White House. In this election, however, my vote is given to one man, and that man is Willard Mitt Romney. I have rarely dealt with liberal politics, and liberal politics I will not deal with (but that won't stop me from loving Pearl Jam, or Ben and Jerry's ice cream). My parents listened to a lot of conservative radio, seeming as conservatives are about as close to libertarian as you can get. I stiffly oppose the liberals and how they think, but that is not why I'm writing this post. I am writing about Mitt, and how he did at the Republican National Convention.
To kick it off, the RNC had a surprise guest speaker, tough grit cowboy actor Clint Eastwood gave a speech endorsing Romney, and next to him was an empty chair. Eastwood acted as though President Obama was in the chair(which he clearly wasn't), and carried out a Q&A session with "Obama" occasionally being interrupted by the latter. By the time all was said and done, Clint walked off the stage, and out came a senator. His speech was pretty inspiring, and drew a huge amount of acclaim from the crowd(like most conventions). But what I noticed was that after the speech, Mitt didn't have a bunch of hype surrounding him when he walked through the tunnel and started shaking hands. I mean, sure there was music, he shook a lot of hands, he took the slow step up the steps looking like a man set to take on the world, but he didn't need all the hype, he delivered his message in one effective speech. The man looked confident, he looked proud, prideful, and he looked like a person who could get many people to join the Romney/Ryan ticket.
I endorse Mitt Romney over Barrack Obama for the following reasons:
Energy-Romney, like many Republicans, want to end our dependency on foreign oil by 2020 and start drilling into our oil reserves. I believe this is smart, and many Americans refuse to accept the fact that gas will go down in price if we start drilling on American soil. Lets look at it like this, the price for a barrel of oil is too high for anyone to count. If we were to end dependency on foreign oil and were to drill on our native soil, our gas would potentially drop to below the 3 dollar mark, and who knows? maybe we could get below the 2.50 mark, and it would save Americans a fair amount of money.
Economy/Trade-As a person who supports free trade, I believe free trade is the only way we as an American Society can revitalize our economy. With the recession hitting again, i believe that we must expand foreign markets, and trade with other countries, and they trade with us, resulting in more imports, more exports, and more money. That oil we drill on American soil? We can export it to other countries to make a profit, even if we have to go through a middle man. Agreements such as NAFTA(North American Free Trade Agreement) and CAFTA(Dominican-Republic and Central American American Trade Agreement) helped open trade routes with Central America and Mexico, helping their economies and in the process, helping ours. If more countries agreed to free trade with us, we could potentially slash our debt down to a manageable margin by 2025, and if more free trade was allowed, that goal could be very well attainable. The fact that Romney also supports small businesses and created many jobs in Massachusetts when he was governor there, compared to Obama slashing many jobs NATIONWIDE gives me plenty of reason to support Romney.
Social issues-When I say "Social Issues"I mean what I call the "Big 3" Abortion, Planned Parenthood, and Gay Marriage. When it comes to abortion, I have the same stance as Romney does, Pro-life, and that abortion should be illegal EXCEPT in the conditions of a woman being raped, a target of incest, or if the mother's life is threatened. Other then that, it is a woman's choice to not to have protected sex, and if they happen to be pregnant, that was their choice. They decided to have unprotected sex, they decided to let the man donate his sperm to her, and it was their choice to do that, and Planned Parenthood stands in the way of Pro-life, openly supporting abortion, something me and Mr. Romney do not support.
Gay marriage- I am incredibly upset at the fact that most people in the United States do not want Romney in office for JUST THIS REASON. Don't get me wrong, I do not have problems with gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transsexuals, but the fact that most of Americans would see four more years of EMBARRASSMENT just to see same sex couples marry. Marriage is a "union between one man and one woman", as stated in God's Word. Does this mean I am against gay rights? No, but in the book of God, marriage is reserved for a man and woman. This is Obama's one of only two advantages he has going into Election Day. Sadly, this issue might be the reason Obama might be re elected.
Budget-Balancing the federal budget, it doesn't get much simpler then that. Watch what is being spent.
Immigration-Yes, this is one thing that is a HUGE stickler for me. As it currently states right now, any person born in the United States is a US citizen, and is entitled to a free education and federal loans for college. Why do you think illegals are coming over? So their children can be naturalized and can receive free education. Come on, your kidding me right?
Repelling Obamacare- FOR ALL THAT IS SIMPLE AND CLEAN THIS HAS TO BE TAKEN AWAY. Obamacare is the worst thing Obama did. For EVERYBODY to have the same insurance, whether they want it or not? Come on, that violates the constitution, are you kidding me? Essentially, taking benefits from those who work for it and give it to those who don't? That's not how America was built to work. The ones that work for benefit should get the benefit, not the ones who don't work. Romney has the right idea here. Repeal Obamacare, and get something better in place. In Massachusetts, Romney had a plan that was simply called Romneycare, and boom, the model worked. More power to you Mr. Romney.
Looking at the political stance of Mitt Romney, and the fact that he has women and the middle class on his side, I think Mr. Romney has a clear shot at possibly dethroning Obama. Obama has three advantages this year, he has the GLBT community on his side, the majority of the African American population on his side, and he has immense popularity with the youth of the United States. Sorry Mr. President, but that is not going to be enough. The stance and credentials you claim you have, and on top of your election being a publicity stunt, will NOT be enough to change the many American families, lives and opportunists you have pissed off in four years. Yes, George Bush put us in some deep bush, but you didn't even attempt to fix the problem. You promised change and hope, you instead divided and conquered. You promised many jobs, and instead you slashed many, ruining many lives in the process, and ruining where jobs came from; Small buisness. You promised to cut down on the national debt, but since your term, you have went from 2 trillion in debt to 8 trillion in debt. You promised that we would become a greater nation, when in reality you were elected because you had Youth, African Americans, and illegal immigrants on your side, and turned the 2008 election into a popularity contest. You were not elected because you were the people's champion. You were elected because you were popular.
What do you have to say for yourself Obama? I believe that Mitt Romney will accomplish far more then what you did. Because truthfully, we believe in America. You simply gave up on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment